The Orange County Medical Association is in the process of revamping its Web site. This involves updating the content and structure of the site, and requires a new visual design. That's where you come in...
Orange County Medical Association
We need a visual design for the homepage and a daugther page, based on the provided wireframes.
There current site is http://www.ocma.org/
They don't really like it...so don't use it as a guide. They have updated their logo a bit, which is also provided.
The wireframes are simply guidelines...you are free to modify them, within reason, to express your vision. The navigation needs to stay roughly where it is, and the ad in the lower right corner is a fixed size. Everything else can be played with. The final site will be put together with Drupal.
The following files:
Daughter page wireframe
Bitmap logo w/ name
Bitmap logo w/o name
are in this archive http://getrevealed.com/ocma/files/ocma_files.zip
- Important: The design must work with a 1024 x 768 display. Specifically the entire homepage, including the navigation in the footer, must be viewable above the fold - so you should be able to see everything on the homepage without scrolling. Subsequent pages may scroll.
- Homepage (wireframe provided)
- Daughter page (Community Involvement, provided)
- The audience is medical doctors, and this site is targeting younger doctors and those in training or just out of school
- Should be a bit more "hip" than stuff typically aimed at doctors
- Some other words the client used describing what they want:
- Smooth lines
- You can move the elements around in the logo (the name, the tagline) but all three must appear: Logo, name, tagline
- A cookie-cutter site
- Some things the client said they DO NOT like:
- "hard edges"
- "too many boxes"
- "large, flat areas of color"
- "fake looking photography"
- A competitor's site they DO NOT like: http://www.lacmanet.org/