knights & roses
knights & roses was founded in 2010 by the Hamburg design and business couple Katharina Kern and Nicholas Hinrichsen. Katharina & Nicholas just love timeless, elegant yet modern leather accessories. The label knights & roses stands for a combination of tradition and modernity. Even the logo embodies this philosophy.
Katharina & Nicholas work hands-on with the tailors in order to reach and ensure a premium quality and extraordinary design with a lot of attention on the details.
Beauty and quality come at a price, but not necessarily a high price. knights & roses offers exclusive products that remain affordable.
knights & roses produce timeless leather accessories including but not limited to Handbags, weekenders, belts, clutches, wallets, key rings and many more.
- between 22 and 55 years
- (well) earning
- brand aware / affine
- looking for timeless, elegant, noble design products
- high quality awareness (leather, fittings, finishing, workmanship etc)
- still price sensitive (why paying > US$ 900 for a bag if you can get a knights & roses bag for US$ 275 - 500)
- due to working / professional career, some practical requirements. standard for all bags hence are smartphone and mobile pocket inside the bags, inside zipper pocket to hide valuables, inside strip with key ring to quickly find keys, depending on model make-up mirrors etc.
Looking for web design / image proposal. We picture the CI of knights & roses (see attached logo) as a brand and a word mark. We are of the opinion that the logo should be in dark red (e.g. pantone shading 19-1650 TCX - Biking Red) in front of a taupe colored background (e.g. pantone shading 17-1210 TCX - Moon Rock). Nevertheless, do not hesitate to provide suggestions with regard to typo (size, type, color) and the colors overall.
We thought of the following sitemap:
Primary Navi: Home / Company / Products / Contact
Secondary Navi for Products: Bags, Clutches & Wallets, Accessories (maybe more to come, we are open for all suggestions)
When our products are presented (photos), we would like to enable the user to zoom / enlarge parts of the photos by scrolling over it with the mouse. This will help us to demonstrate the high quality of the leather and the workmanship (see e.g. http://www.knightsandroses.com/data/test.html)
It would be good if the users could choose between English and German.
In order to stay in touch with our visitors, we'd like to draw their attention to a newsletter. I nevertheless don't like "newsletter" but prefer a wording like "stay in touch" or "to keep you posted" etc. Moreover, I don't want to position the newsletter input fields to intrusive but would prefer a more subconscious way to make the users provide their details - isn't this what marketing is all about? :)
We do not need a shop for the time being. It would nevertheless be great if a shop could be incorporated later on without having to change to entire layout and design - hence, kindly keep this in mind.
- meets our high quality, premium leather products (similar to http://www.gucci.com)
- looks professional, classy and noble (e.g. http://www.parentis-cashmere.com, http://www.coccinelle.com, http://www.irisvonarnim.com)
- puts our products into the centre of attention (e.g. by incorporating a slide show such as http://www.abercrombie.com (-> women -> handbags) or http://www.liebeskind-berlin.de/ind…hp?lang=de