For this project, I am looking for a designer to help build a website home page (shell) for a vacation rental property.
A. Website Objective:
The goal of this website is to acquire leads for a vacation rental in Lake Arrowhead, California. That said, it is critical that you deploy best practices for lead generation in your design.
Specifically, this page should:
* Maintain all the decision-making information ABOVE THE FOLD.
* The main call to action button, "Check Availability", should be very visible, sized and spaced to trigger user response.
* Leverage trust icons -- VRBO, Home Away, VacationRentals.com -- to ensure the reputation of this property.
* Utilize "Guest testimonials" to further portray the benefits of staying at this rental property and building lasting memories.
* Please do not use any form of FLASH or animated objects in your design.
B. Website Theme, Colors & Logo
As you will see, I have attached a mock-up for how this home page (shell) might appear. Please note this is a VERY CRUDE mock-up that was prepared to help you start this project -- by providing important content.
However, after reviewing this mock-up, I imagine you can now understand the simple design approach that I appreciate.
I am hopeful you can now utilize your design skills to complete this home page. As you design the page, please remember this is for a mountain cabin that sits on a lake. That said, you may want to use natural, earth tone colors. (But, please do not overdue it with colors that are thick in contrast.)
As you create the logo, please try to offer a luxurious but friendly overtone in your font selection. Potential logo elements and banner elements could include mountain silhouettes, bears, arrowheads. (Please see attachment)
HOWEVER, please do not overuse objects. Again, we want the focus on the property and the "Check Availability" button AND the phone number.
If you have any questions or comments, please email me.
I look forward to seeing your designs.