This is a fun project to redesign http://twrivia.com which is a trivia quiz game played via Twitter. The PHP script that powers Twrivia is being redeveloped to add a scoring system and make the game a bit more interactive.
There are a few elements to the contest:
1) A new logo, which should include a Twitter-like bluebird character that personifies Twrivia.com – the logo should also contain the word 'Twrivia'. We would like a large version of the logo (layered PSD or EPS) on a transparent background that can be used for print, merchandise, etc. Think: cartoon, twitter, character, trivia, knowledge, quiz, fun
2) A new home page (details below)
3) A new page that lists the previous questions (the current one is at http://twrivia.com/trivia/list.php). The new page should have pagination links at the bottom. This page is just a list of questions, but we want it a bit more interesting than the current version.
4) A new page for the (Hall of Fame) Leaderboard, which lists the people who are answering the question correctly (the current one is at http://twrivia.com/fame.php). The new leaderboard will also include a rank number and points score for each user, as well as their Twitter username and picture. The new page should have pagination links at the bottom. This page is just a list of Twitter users, but we want it a bit more interesting than the current version.
We need layered PSDs of all three pages
There is a rough wireframe of the home page at:
The wireframe is just to show roughly all the elements that need to go on the page – the relative sizes and final positioning / layout is up to the designer.
This strapline should appear in the header: 'The daily trivia quiz on Twitter'
The navigation links are shown in the wireframe, also the footer links, copyright notice and 'Powered by Twitter' button - please note the nav links and footer links in the wireframe are not the same as those on the current website
We need some graphical elements to be designed, as per the wireframe. These are:
- A 'Follow Twrivia on Twitter' button
- An RSS button
- A 'Learn more' button
- An ' Reveal Answer' button – the answer is hidden until the button is clicked, then the button fades away to reveal the answerThere is a sidebar down the right-hand side of the page for displaying ad banners of various sizes - the sidebar / ads should be dispalyed on all three pages (Home, Leaderboard, Previous Questions)
There must be a 'Share This' button for the question.
As you can see from the wireframe there are three main content areas: The Question, Leader Board and How To Play. These are not necessarily straight rectangles as in the wireframe. Maybe they could be clouds, in keeping with the Twitter theme, or something else – be creative.
We'd like some nice graphics in the 'How to Play' section, maybe some icons and arrows between the steps
Please remember this should be fun and we want it to have strong associations with the Twitter brand.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you need.
- Fun, lively design
- Twitter-like color scheme (but not necessarily sky blue!)
- Large Web 2.0 fonts
- Original graphics for the buttons
- Boring, corporate style
- Limits on your imagination