TrickTXT is a website that will allow users to send texts FROM any number.
i.e. Users of the site can send text messages to others and have any number they like show up on the caller ID. It's perfect for holiday fun, April Fool's pranks, and more! The sender of the text can essentially "spoof" their caller ID and make it so that the text appears from someone else / another number. It's perfect for playing pranks on your boss, co-workers, spouse, sibling, psycho ex-girlfriends / ex-boyfriends and more. And to boot, it's totally legal (at least for now!).
We're interested in 2 things:
1. super simple, beautiful design
2. funny, laugh provoking text / imagery
p.s. we're totally cool with sarcasm - just please, don't cross the line! :-)
High school students are our target audience! TrickTXT.com will be used primarily by adolescent / teenage boys to play pranks on one another. There will certainly be a number of teenage girl users as well so be sure not to cater 100% towards the men. Ultimately, college students both male and female will be users and the majority of the users will certainly be under age 30.
Teenagers are interested in sex, love, video games, guns, rebellion, farts, pranks, jokes, sports, and music.
The service needs to have a viral appeal. The nature of the text messages themselves is such that they are pretty viral but the design of the service is crucial. Simplicity is the key here. The service itself is pretty simple so the design should be as well. The features of the service are minimal and so should be the design.
Attached is a Balsamiq mockup that shows the 5 main pages of the site. Do a revised version of the screen using your own color, font, buttons, links and tab styles. Incorporate the following:
- Dialogue box at the top of the page - please make it noticeable but consistent and such that it can be colored differently for the other pages of the site (e.g. yellow for homepage, pink for sign in, green for signed in, red for purchase page, etc.)
- The design should be 1024 x 768 pixels and easily scalable (adding additional white background) to standard monitor resolutions like 1280 x 800 and 1920 x 1080.
- 2 simple links should appear on the top right of the homepage - Sign Up and Login
- The logo should appear top left of the homepage with room for a 728 x 90 ad unit to ultimately appear at the top of the page to the right of the logo but to the left of the "Sign Up" and "Login Links"
- Please include some cool text bubbles with funny text examples in them on the homepage.
Feel free to rearrange the elements on the screen if you think of a better layout. We don't have a final logo yet so just change the words TrickTXT at the top left to match your design / color scheme. If you do create a logo, please use a standard font like Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, etc.
Please try and keep things simple and clean and even greyscale with touches of color. GOOD LUCK!
We need just the homepage designed. Please take a look at the attached Balsamiq mockup (in .pdf format). This mockup will pretty much tell you anything and everything you need to know about the site. Here are some short details:
We would like to have a message prompt box that follows the users throughout the site. Logo should be in the top left of the page, and the pages should have a nice, light, white background. Crisp, clear, and simple is the way to go here. We don't want anything to be too confusing.
We would like the homepage to have some sample text bubbles / text conversations appear. We've tied to input these in the Balsamiq .pdf mockup attached here. These bubbles should suggest a few funny texts to potentially send through the TrickTXT service.
One the user is logged in, the "Sign Up" link will disappear and the following 4 links will then appear in the top right:
Get More Texts
Again - we highly encourage you to review the .pdf Balsamiq mockup attached. It's 5 pages and for the most part, it will tell you the whole story of the site and TrickTXT service.
UPDATE: Additional information to use to adapt upon the .pdf Balsamiq mockup:
A. Try and make some room on the homepage (for suggested messages and suggested "from" numbers, etc.) by reducing the size / width of the main text field in half (it's way too big in all mockups for 160 character inputs). Once you have freed up this space, please add a list for our "Suggested FROM numbers" such as:
- 555-555-5555: TrickTxt.com explanation number
- Bad Breath Notification Number: 555-555-5555
- “You’re Being Cheated On” Notification Message: 555-555-5555
- “Your Status Updates Are Annoying” Message: 555-555-5555
- Angry Santa Claus: 555-555-5555
- It Could Always Suck More: 555-555-5555
- Rick Roll: 555-555-5555
B. We think some of the following more detailed sample texts (to be put into in the bubbles on the right and left sides of the page) can make it more clear than the current text bubbles of how one might use the service:
1. Call me back ASAP? I really need to talk to you!
2. I think I might be pregnant!
3. Can you pick up a pizza on your way home?
4. Sorry, this just isn't working out for me. I think we should break up.
5. I thought you should know that I've developed an itchy rash, ya know, down there
6. I miss you and I want you back... P.S. Just kidding! This is Joe. I sent this with TrickTxt.com. Now get over her!
7. Have you seen my stapler? I like turtles. This text is only stupid if you are.
8. Roses are red. Violets are blue. Do you really think... I would text this to you?!?
C. The text bubbles should be the exact iphone green and white bubbles and please use the same font that text messages are normally in so they look like texts.
D. Where the area code box presently is, can you make that a country drop down (USA flag by default) with country flags and country area codes? Just like the skype dialer if you are a skype user. The mockup will just show the USA flag with "+ 1" next to it as USA will be the default and the user will click a small down arrow next to the "+1" if he / she wants to change the country code. Again - check out dial in skype for an example. Actually, check out the example photo here -->
E. In the phone number boxes for TO and FROM respectively, please put the words
Area Code + Phone Number (to send TO)
Area Code + Phone Number (for CALLER ID Display)
None - we plan to use the winning design for our homepage.