I need website design for my new startup. Please see below for details:
1. Business Information
Business Name : Participame
Slogan: "Your Marketplace for Local Services"
Description: services marketplace where businesses compete head to head to win work for customers.
Proven Models: Thumbtack (http://www.thumbtack.com), Jobdeals (http://www.jobdeals.com)
I am a first-time entrepreneur who is looking to create a solution for the Mexican market. I am also a graduate student and plan to launch this company in May 2011. I am doing this because I am passionate about the idea and want to do something for my country.
Geographic target: Mexico and Latin America
Industries: Internet/Professional Services
1. Entrepreneurs and small to medium enterprises (SME's) looking for professional service providers
2. Professional service providers (SMEs and freelancers) who can provide services
1. Age range: (25 - 45)
2. Live in urban areas
3. Basic internet sophistication
The top three things I want to communicate through my website:
- Ease of use
- Customer oriented
Please see thumbtack and jobdeals models for guidance (websites above).
Things I am looking for in the website:
- Simple (avoid busy pages)
- Ease of use
- conservative yet fun
- matching colors that are not too exotic (avoid fluorescent colors)
- intuitive features (for example, that the user knows the difference between a "link" and regular text or a "button" from a "picture")
- overall good balance in buttons/features/pictures
- be creative (this is something i lack!)
- must be in 960 grid
Favor the 37 signals philosophy (http://gettingreal.37signals.com/)
- congested or "too crowded" pages
- too many colors
- italic fonts or other hard to read font
- exotic colors
- small fonts
1. Homepage, including templates for About Us, How it Works and Contact Us
See for reference:
2. "Post Services" and "Request Services"
http://www.participame.com (not active)