Hi Designers -
Just a couple notes:
1) Contest to make the qualifying round ends in 2 days, we haven't had too many submissions, so please feel free to submit something to get yourself to the qualifying round.
2) We have added additional guidance recently with some sketched wireframes.
You can see those here and we will be updated them soon to be easier to follow:
The toughmudder.com site is a good site to model the design on.
3) We have a suggested color scheme. Basically it should be social/light/fun as opposed to a darker theme such as black/red.
Right now we like blue/orange-ish-yellow, but feel free to deviate from that as you like as long as the site is fun/etc.
You can see the sample color scheme palette here:
See the uploaded sketch on guidance on how the new site should look (similar to toughmudder.com).
Color scheme should be light/social/fun, possibly light blue and orange/yellowish. Do not worry about trying to match the current logo's colors, it will be redesigned later.
UPDATE #1: Here is a sample color palette you may want to use. It is just guidance, feel free to deviate, but we like the idea of a lighter/socially themed color scheme vs. a darker tone, e.g. black and red
We would like to redesign two of our pages. One is our front page at http://www.betteroffbowling.com, and the other our season page at http://bob-cedar.herokuapp.com/seas…77-Houston
We would like those pages to be modeled after http://www.toughmudder.com and https://toughmudder.com/events/2015-philly respectively, with the information from Better Off Bowling rolled into the toughmudder-based new model.
It is very important to have the following of the front page:
- Big photo slideshow of people having fun, socializing, and bowling (generally young/good looking people)
- Clear and very easy to see call to action for going to the season page or registering
- Other information is available if people want it but does not distract from the photos showing people having fun and the basic call to action and info
For the season page, we want the following:
- No slideshow, but great photo stretching across.
- Upcoming Leagues listed below (similar to their Upcoming Events)
- Big call to action for Register
- Include the other information on original season page, but in a similar way as tough mudder so its accessible but does not distract from main purpose which is to showcase a fun league and get the person to register. At the same time allows them to easily access important info like dates/location, etc.
- Color scheme, font, space allocation is up to designer, but a look that imparts a similar fun /social vibe as toughmudder would be good. We are not as "outdoorsy", "tough", or "hardcore" so some of their design may be out of place for our website, as we are more social and focused around meeting people, bowling, and having fun at the bar after.