We are a small software company focused on operational business intelligence on mobile phones (think data that changes often - what is happening right now, what led up to now, real-time, etc). Our current app is used by big companies (think BP, Microsoft, Genentech). We can display any metrics our customers care about, from their existing sytems, in real time, on their phone or desktop browser. Impressive technology, but ugly...
The people who use it, love it. Sexy? Not yet. Many of our current users come from manufacturing, utilities, oil & gas, etc. but we are now getting interest from banks, media companies, marketing, IT and others. Sexy is becoming important.
Note: depending on the results, we would like to do more work with the designer we choose.
It is targeted at scenarios where someone wants to track one or more metrics/KPIs more than once a day (enough to want it on your phone wherever you might be). Formerly, this focused on operations people, plant managers, and support folks at large companies. Now it is starting to include executives, marketers and others.
Key focus for this design project is:
- Improve the color scheme/font. Think sexier, but still with clarity.
- Better icons, and a bit larger (need to be finger-ready without taking up too much real estate from the data)
- Tabs across the top (with icons and/or text in them) - also large enough for fingers (see the version 4 screen shot for tabs)
- Deliverables: two mobile-sized screens like the attached files ("Home" and "Scorecard"; .png files + individual elements)
Things that shouldn't change (from the attached screen shots):
- This app runs on phone and desktop browsers, so it scales depending on what device is using it. Because of that...
- Navigation elements need to stay at the top, or generally where they are in relation to each other so that it still works on a larger screen.
- Here's a live demo of the current app: http://demo.transpara.com (look at it with the browser in normal size, and also shrink it to about the size of an iPhone or other mobile screen to see the mobile version (or use your phone).
- Attached are images of the two screens we want submitted to us (home, scorecard) in their current form.
- Attached is a rough screen shot of the new version with tabs (version 4). Note: tab names could be icons instead.
- Our web site is http://www.transpara.com if you want to learn more.
Happy to answer any questions!