This unique website backups up online accounts like twitter, facebook, blogs, google docs, basecamp, flickr, etc. We need a site redesign that inspires trust and makes the user feel like their data is secure.
People are storing more and more of their lives online. It's important stuff, so we back it up. Secure. Automated. All your accounts in one place.
Lifestreambackup.com works like this... you sign up, you enter the credentials to any accounts you want to back up, then we automate the process. We back up your data from all of these online accounts. We back it up to Amazon's S3 storage. You can download it to your PC if you choose. So, instead of PC to cloud like Carbonite, Mozy, and others, we cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-PC.
The idea came from a friend who was concerned Flickr may lose some of his photos. A little research showed that it's actually pretty common for some people to lose data from these web 2.0 services. Some of these companies shut down without warning, some lose data and backups, some are the victims of hackers or intentional malice by disgruntled employees. People sometimes delete their own data accidentally, or their personal accounts get hacked.
Poke around on the existing site, http://www.lifestreambackup.com, for more content.
What we want is a more graphic intensive from page. Graphics communicate ideas faster than words. We want to show what we are about very quickly. We want to convey the ideas of security and trust. And of course, we want people to sign up. ($4.95/month or $39.95/yr for 10Gb of storage)
This contest is for the design of the front page. The winner will also be asked to layout 5 other pages, but they will be simple comapred to the home page (about us, FAQ, How it Works, Sign-up, Settings). Mostly it will just require keeping the header/footer and defining the text style and positioning for the page. If you choose to do these extra pages, we will pay an extra $150.
- We like the existing color scheme, but you don't have to keep it if you have something better.
- We don't need a new logo, but if you have a good idea, feel free to include it.
- The page should inspire trust.
- Look at Mozy.com, Carbonite.com, Trueshield.com and Fatcow.com. We like all of them.
- Needs at least one large box that is the focal point, where we can run a promotion, list our unique selling proposition, or put test different types of content.
- Needs a spot for a 1-800 number, preferably near the top
- Should highlight that we use Amazon S3. We want to leverage Amazon's credibility as a cloud storage provider.
- Needs a spot for one (or more) testimonials
- Latest blog posts would be nice to see somewhere, but it isn't required.
- Any ideas you have about messages that might help sell the service, feel free to try them out.
- Ideally, we would like pricing information on the front page.
- Ideally, a user should notice things in this order 1) what we do 2) we are trustworthy 3) other people like it 4)it's reasonably priced 5) sign up
- Nothing that looks like a Joomla or Drupal template. You know what I mean. Those sites have a "look".
- Nothing too cluttered. There is a lot of information to display, but we want to keep it readable.
- No reflections/mirrored graphics