- We have just had our company logo re-branded. (Attached)
- Within this asset pack are some preliminary hero area ideas (Attached)
- Wireframes for the first landing page (NOW UPDATED, but not to be taken literally for all elements in design)
- Example content for the top level features section of the landing page (attached)
In short… think simple, minimal and vanilla ‘boostrappy’. Then add design to assets as required. Our software is complex, the website needs to say “simplicity, elegance, humanity” not “complex funky technology.:
It is also on point to:
- Use pictures of people rather than machines
- Appear personal rather than corporate
- Keep things visually simple rather than over designed
The landing page template design (with a change of content and assets) should be able to be used for any of our products. We’d like to bring a certain amount of distinction to each product within the bounds of the main Iron brand (for instance with different background graphics, colors etc)
We will be building the site based on Bootstrap from the ground up. We’d like the design to take this into account when conceived so that it can be built and managed simply and efficiently. The site will also need to work well in a responsive manner so mobile will need to be considered as well as desktop. Desktop is our focus as most of our marketing is done for desktop and our products can only be installed on a desktop but responsive design is important to ensure the site can be viewed well on mobile.
The brand uses the Gotham font and we’d like to continue that into the website.
We are inspired a lot by the many (mostly) open source software projects out there.
Why: Software developers (our customers) trust them.
There are distinctive features of these, which are very important for our customers to trust our brand and our software:
- Most of the key content areas sit on white with darker backgrounds used sparingly.. sometimes to break up content and give the eye a rest from content heavy areas.
- Fonts are simple and laid out in simpler bootstrap formats without excessive line spacing or justification.
- To bring the brand to life we want to use colorful hero area backgrounds that reflect aspects of our company and software products (such as code symbols > - _ ~ ; etc or features of each product such as PDF, visual studio, OCR etc)