The Microfinance Bank aims to enable people to grow their businesses and region in order to provide jobs, incomes and futures. The Bank believes when people have a chance to work and earn money, their families flourish – and when families flourish, communities and nations will flourish, in peace and safety.
Micro-finance institutions have shown an excellent capacity to adapt to the most challenging of circumstances and have equally shown tangible signs of growth at a time of overall global economic decline.
The bank will have two core commitments;
• Improving the quality and dignity of life for Palestinians
• Changing outlooks – nationally and internationally
The Microfinance Bank aims to be a force for stability in the region as well as an engine for sustainable growth.
This is about how Palestinians see themselves as much as it is about how the world sees Palestinians.
This is about intelligent giving so that rather than entrench dependency you instill independence.
This is about hope, and the peace that comes from hope.
1. Be sustainable – in the opportunities you create, the infrastructure you enable and the relationships you build
2. Do no harm
3. Build capacity not dependency
4. Transparency and accountability are key
5. Measure your performance and effect; adapt if necessary
Key focus: create employment!