We want to give our Audience the following impression:
• We are professionals
• We are experts in our field (IT support)
• We provide excellent service (friendly, quick response)
• Company is successful, been around for a while and is not small
• we are looking for a modern website.
• We are looking to impress our visitors with the appearance (more so than the content)
• Pages must NOT look busy. Needs to be clean, visitors are not repelled on first glance
• eyes are drawn to important sections.
• Some moving elements (more details below). Home page main section will have rotating banner, which will exist on other pages, but smaller on them. Banners will be designed in a separate contest, to match the website's style/colors.
Keep in mind the following website technology:
• There will be no flash (except maybe in banners)
• The design will be implemented with Joomla or Wordpress
• The text content of the pages may change over time.
Navigation & Number of Pages
2. About us
7. Contact us
• Navigation should be horizontal at the top of the page.
• There will not be sub levels to the menus (as we also want the site to be usable on mobile devices, where you can’t drill down easily).
• Content of pages will obviously change, however, design will remain roughly the same across the pages (those after the landing page)
Colors of the website pages should match or complement our logo (see file below). Background of logo can be white or black. Up to you to match with website, make the color combination look good, in accordance with description in ‘primary goal’ section above.
To accommodate screens that are larger (and where the 1000x700 window doesn’t cover the whole browser window), we would need an attractive background that complements the actual website. We will leave this implementation up to you. Please keep in mind to not make things too busy.
Style/Theme ideas for the website:
-We would like to have some moving elements or cool effects. See current website http://www.eyeseverywhere.ca for examples of menu effects / ‘cool’ effects. Style, however, does not have to match our current site.
-We like the phone at the bottom left that we have, with our contact information comes in, and would like to retain that graphic and have a motion that would draw attention to the contact area. This should be present on all pages somewhere
-We would like a ticker-style “our customers” line, like the one at the top right of http://www.queue.ca/
make it look good, though
Pixel Size of site
-If possible, we would like little or no scrolling (ie whatever text doesn't fit into the page can be accessed by ‘read more’), with the site taking up the full screen on a 1024x768 (and obviously the window taking into account the task bar below and banner page of the browser, so or so for the actual website pages), so please design it keeping in mind a 1000x700 viewable area (with the aforementioned background filling the rest on bigger screens/windows).
Please take this into account when figuring out legibility.
Although we will code the site to work on mobile devices as well, legibility on those is not a priority at this point (pinch to zoom is acceptable on mobile devices). If you feel that reasonable amounts of content cannot fit on one window, we would definitely consider a design that shows the main points on the visible area in the resolution (as per above), with some secondary information (once the user’s attention is gotten with the visible area) with a bit of scrolling.