Who are we?
Itus Networks is a young startup. We were founded in March 2014 and consist of a two-person team: Daniel and Jock.
What do we do?
We protect consumers and their connected devices from all Internet threats with a reliable, simple and affordable solution.
What is our business?
Our business is a product called the iGuardian. iGuardian is a simple device that secures your home Internet. It protects all consumer devices (wired or wireless) from viruses, botnets, undesirable content etc.
Here’s a quick video overview: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9…sp=sharing
Who are our competitors?
We have four main competitors:
a) Antivirus software
b) Routers w/ built-in security
d) 'Do nothing'
Why are we different than our competitors?
a) Anti-virus (AV): AV software is hosted on the computers it is supposed to protect. AV software slows down the computers it is supposed to protect and impacts their performance. AV software protects computers only when a threat has already reached the computer. The threat then needs to be removed/quarantined.
b) Routers: home routers from D-Link, Linksys, Netgear and others that are available to consumers rely on outdated technology and don’t protect against a large number of sophisticated attacks used by hackers today
c) Firewalls: many firewalls available from Cisco, Zyxel, Dell SonicWALL, WatchGuard, Barracuda and others can offer solid protection. The problem is
- they’re too expensive to buy (~$200 and up),
- they require expensive annual contracts to stay updated and able to protect (~$160 and up/year)
- they require extensive technical expertise because they are complicated to configure, and won’t protect if not configured correctly
d) “Do nothing”: almost every day, another data breach becomes public. Whether it’s eBay, Yahoo, Heartbleed, Cryptolocker or something else. Despite an almost daily deluge of articles about new threats, many consumers don’t believe they are vulnerable and/or they don’t believe losing their data would matter, even if they were hacked. That is not true at all. Malware infections can be extremely painful, as you stand to lose personal data, passwords, pictures, documents, and more. Someone might even take over your personal social media or financial accounts. Aside from the headache of losing that data, repairing the damage can easily take weeks or months.
What makes Itus/iGuardian different?
1) Simple: iGuardian is designed for home Internet users: our typical customers include families, elderly, students etc. In short: everyone who just wants to have peace of mind when using the Internet, but who doesn't want to deal with complex configuration, technical details or costly business-solutions.
2) Affordable: iGuardian costs ~$129 and offers comprehensive and affordable protection at prices. This pricing for the device is approximately half of the currently least expensive firewall. Itus customers receive lifetime access to free community security updates.
3) Comprehensive: iGuardian sits at the "source" and is plugged in right where the Internet enters the home to protect all devices that connect to the home network: phones, laptops, desktops, tablets. What's more, iGuardian protects all other wired devices that are not computers, but still access the Internet such as: TVs, cable boxes, security camera systems, smoke detectors, thermostats, refrigerators etc.
What are our company values?
We want to make secure Internet available for everyone.
What’s your company boilerplate?
Best-in-class threat protection for home Internet connection at affordable prices. We block cyber attacks, malware and content. Zero configuration required.
Itus Networks brings families best-in-class threat prevention for their home Internet connection at affordable prices. Our network security systems are specially designed to block cyber attacks while filtering out malware and other undesirable content. 5-Minute installation and zero configuration or technical knowledge required. At Itus Networks, we believe all families deserve peace of mind that the devices connected to their home network are secure and protected 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Who are your customers and prospects?
Everyone with household income over $100k and a high-speed Internet connection faster than 6Mbps = ~20M consumers in the US
What words would you use to describe your company?
Secure, Trustworthy, Friendly, Easy, Affordable, Quick, Innovative, Nimble, Scrappy, Self-deprecating
Why do we need a new website / what’s the purpose of the website?
We want to make noise and be able to show to our customers how they can easily protect their home Internet and network. We will only sell our product through the website for now, so it is our only sales channel and the website needs to help us drive sales.
IMPORTANT: In the weeks from July 14 - August 15, we will run a Kickstarter campaign to sell products and raise funding for our expansion. The website needs to point visitors to the Kickstarter campaign and help drive visitors there.