How Andrew Donald started their web page design journey
We need a fresh, new design for our innovations consultancy website that communicates our practical and professional approach to turning new ideas into real business growth. We've done a lot of the work in creating a look and feel in the sample Short Cuts below. Just build us an uncoded design that incorporates our work and adds your own special pizazz!
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Weneed a web design that positions us as a boutiqueteam of experienced, practical consultantsthat turnsideas into profitable growth initiatives,workswith clients to commercialize big ideas,and bringsabout business change.
Please build on the design work we've done so far in the our “Executive Short Cut” PDFs here, here, and here. Then add your own creative twists.
We will turn your winning design into a WordPress theme. This is a contest for an uncoded design.
The site will be a place for resources and tools related to innovation and change management, in a similar vein to Sloan Review and WhatIf Innovation.
We are looking for a simple and elegant style with news and buzz on the front page, along with call-outs that feature the latest tools and resources on offer.
- Use the existing Movers and Shapers logo
- Use the tagline “Turn Ideas Into Growth”
- Include navigation to other site sections: About Us, News, Resources and Tools
- High resolution versions of the artwork in the Executive Shortcut are available along with the logo, and the winning designer is required to incorporate the high-res versions into the final layered Photoshop or Illustrator file ready for slicing.
- You must clearly identify the origin and cost of any stock or copyright images used, or any non-free fonts.
- To strengthen branding of the site, we would like to see graphic elements of the logo used in the design layout.
- Feel free to draw on the library shots used in the “Executive Short Cuts” – however it should be noted that these relate to the specific article more than they do to the business as a whole.
- Cookie cutter designs
- Warmed-over rehashes of existing Wordpress themes
- Cluttered, dark layouts.