For the News/Press page, here are the items for consideration:
- It needs to fit in the design of our current website
- Should be simple and contain 3-5 sidebar items
- The sidebar items should be as follows: social buttons for engagement, area to sign up for the newsletter, list of links to Popular Posts/Recent Posts, recent Press section (see Moz's Featured Content for example), list of links for "Our Friends" (like a BlogRoll)
- Within the page for News/Press, there should be a sub-menu above the main title (check out http://moz.com/blog)
- Our site is Wordpress and responsive.
For the Resource page, here are the items we want:
Check out our current page: http://www.royaltyexchange.com/resources/
Clearly, we need to add more imagery and/or icons but as of now, we don't need the two large areas at the beginning of the page. The main industries for royalties are music, film, TV, intellectual property, pharma, mineral/solar.
Would also be nice to have some sort of decision of the industries. Maybe represented through images or icons.
We want it to be similar but have a uniqueness to it. Here is the best example: http://moz.com/learn/seo
Once again, we want something simple but unique. It needs to fit the design of our current site. Keep in mind that our site is responsive.