We need a brilliant designer to help us give a bump to small local businesses. Bring an impressive design and we will shower you with more work.
And I do mean A LOT!
--Inner pages, logo, business cards, stationary, you name it! All additional design work for the site will go to the winner of this contest.
Okay, here's how the site works:
1) Every day we will send you an email with a sweet sale from a business in your city.
2) You click to find out more and buy.
3) You then tell your friends on twitter, facebook, however. If three of your friends also buy the deal, you get it for free!
That's it! Simple. Easy.
These deals are from local restaurants, retailers, spas, and more. We allow our visitors to:
* Try new things without going broke
* Support local businesses
* Spend time with friends and family while taking advantage of group rates
The design will be
**Clean, with a cool twist.
**Sophisticated and fun
**Design elements that subtly invoke a metropolitan city feel.
Young social media crowd who live in big urban communities. Age 18 to 45.
Gender: Approx. 65% Women and 35% Men
Our consumer audience is made up of females and males who spend time on social networking websites and tend to live in large metropolitan areas. These urbanites live healthy social lives, frequently go out on weekends, and routinely maintain their outward appearance at spas/salons, etc.
*Classy *Sophisticated *Upscale
Our merchant audience includes the businesses that partner with us to offer these incredible deals. They are local businesses that are looking for young, savvy, professional patrons.
Most Important Features:
* Ease of Use
* White/Negative Space
o Ease of Use
o Modern/Social Media/Web 3.0 Look and Feel
* Clean Design
o Balance in Buttons/Features/Pictures
o Unique Background w/ Separate Boxes for Each Section (possible idea)
* Design Inspiration:
http://www.cellarthief.com (for box type design, sign up box idea, and cool footer)
Our definition of a "cool footer":
* Different color/ texture/feel from the rest of the site to grab the visitor's attention
* Incorporates a smaller version of the logo
* Includes a space labeled "What businesses would you like to see on grabthree?" with a field for users to enter the business's name and the business's web address.
* Includes social media icons for visitors to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
* Includes links to FAQ's, Contact Info, Businesses, Terms, Who We Are, How It Works, Etc.
These are just our ideas, feel free to be more creative and make it funky!
(Please reference livingsocial.com to see examples of these elements)
1. Current City
2. Sign In Link
3. FBConnect button
4. navigation-Today's Deals,Past Deals, How it works, Who we Are (This could be top or left navigation)
5. Description of the deal of the day for that city
6. “Buy Now” link for each deal
7. “Amount Purchased” meter
8. Deal of the day image
9. Share by facebook, twitter, and email to get the deal free
10. Discount in percentage for the deal
12. Nearby deals
13. FBConnect information (person’s homepage image and name)-if they are logged in
14. Deal information
1. The Fine Print
3. Map & Location
4. Discuss the deal
16. Email subscription (prominent-I like how this is done on cellarthief.com. Would be interested in a creative thing like this)
Specific Design Elements We Like:
1. We like the horizontal bar on http://cellarthief.com/ with maybe something like: Grab Your Deal | Tell Your Friends | Enjoy
We also like the their footer.
2. Small text under each deal indicating that getting 3 friends to buy will lead to getting the deal free. We like the idea of placing this text under each deal, but feel free to be creative with where you place the text.
3. A small area with a blurb on how to get your business featured, who we are, and why we do this.
Thx, look forward to chatting with you in the days to come.
http://www.infinvision.com/Gallery/…-en-Balade (great footer)
http://moviesnowapp.com/ (great symmetry and an in-your-face design that tells you what the site is about as soon as you get there. I also like the large box of images that hits you as soon as you get to the site.)
I like the idea of some type of background texture, but it's not necessary, it could be a white background as well. I'll defer to your vision)
http://mapbox.com/ (fairly cool.)
http://www.culinaryculture.com/ (fun elements. I really like the in-your-face horizontal bar that tells you what the site is about as soon as you get there.)
http://yumit.com/ (I like this site alot! Their big in your face header that lets you know what the site is about as soon as you get there, use of color, the little box sections...very cool.).
but all in all, I think http://livingsocial.com/ really nails it. This is the true example site.
The other sites are for a bit of inspiration. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Why you should enter:
**If you have any thoughts or questions about our vision, email me and you'll see that I respond quickly.
**The project will be guaranteed!!!
**The winner will be get alot of additional work. And I do mean A LOT! Inner pages, logo, business cards, you name it!
**I give fast, detailed feedback on EVERY. SINGLE. SUBMISSION. You will never be working blind. You can see this from my last project, read the comments here:
Look forward to see your amazing work, you guys never cease to amaze me!