See below for the specifics that I like on this site and what I would like to see changed....
- I am a big fan of red/gray/black/white theme similar to http://www.espn.com.
- The header on marketingtechblog.com is weak. I need it to be stronger. I like the headers found at: http://www.edge-book.com/blog/?79562180 and http://www.therandtoday.com .
- The menu tabs on marketingtechblog.com are too plain. I like tabs more like: http://www.ryanlee.com any tabs that change as you hover over it.
- I want my picture on the header. I will provide this attachment if 99designs allows me to do that. (You can add a design element to the pic if you want (faded, shadowing, etc.)
- Some type of tagline or subtitle can go on the header as well. For now it can be: "A Fresh Perspective for the Health Club Industry"
- Background design of the header can be any graphical design you want.
- middle column must be white. It would also be nice to have a gray line separating each blog post, to make it a cleaner flow.
- On the right column, at the top will be a subscribe to the blog field (I can provide code, but a simple, sign up/first name/email address fields) Below that, the column headers can be: *Recent Posts, *Categories, *Archives, *Favorite Resources- Categories can be: Announcements, Resources, My Opinions, Personal Growth, Video Tips, Book Reviews, Current Events, Random
- The left column can just be for banner ads (feel free to put some placeholder ads in there for now or leave blank)
- Top tabs will be: *Home, *About, *Resources, *Products, *Contact (and the ability to add another tab later)
- The posts in the center column can follow the same format as marketingtechblog.comI hope this helps! I just want a nice clean sexy design for my blog. So even if I am not impressive, my blog is!!
- Just follow the overall look of the marketingtechblog, use nice graphics, change the color, and make the header a bit nicer and I'll be happy! Don't do that, and I won't be happy :)