BabyStuffOnline.com.au is an Australian group buying website specialising in products and services for expecting and new mothers.
1. HOMEPAGE (FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS)
The homepage should reflect the basic structure of most group buying websites, such as Groupon and LivingSocial. In other words, the homepage should feature Masthead (header), Rightsidebar (Sign-Up prompts, Bonus deals, Social Media) and Footer, with the main content of the page designed to promote one deal.
The homepage should include:
- Deal essentials and Clock (Price, 'Buy' button, Value, Discount, Save Save, Deal is on/off, # bought, Tipped with #, Image with rotate buttons on left and right)
- Prominent 'Sign-In' fields
- Prominent 'Sign-Up' button
- Prominent 'Connect with Facebook' button
- Gift this
- Refer a friend
NB. Please display deal essentials prominently and repeat at foot of the page.
In terms of navigation, this site should have as nav categories:
- FEATURE DEAL, WEEKLY DEAL, ALL LIVE DEALS, PREVIOUS DEALS
- BONUS DEALS (on right... see Spreets.com.au)
- SEARCH LOCATION
- SEARCH CATEGORY
In terms of social media plugins/widgets, it requires:
- Facebook, Twitter, Email buttons (to promote the deal)
- Facebook fan box (right) and Twitter feed (right) to link to our Facebook page and Twitter account
NB. Please repeat social media buttons to promote the deal at foot of deals (as well as the top).
Each deal requires THREE text sections
- What's the deal
- Company information
NB. Our technology has been built with three fields to input this information. 'What's the deal' should be large enough to present all the information in the deal, and requires an allocation of space that could be extended down the page. 'Company information' only requires a small allocation of space (preferably at foot of 'What's the deal' or at foot of 'Highlights'. 'Highlights' requires a medium allocation of space, and could appear above 'What's the deal' or to its left. Essentially the homepage (and, therefore, each deal page) should involve these three parts put together to best match the space of the page and the length of each section). You may present information and images within these fields however seems appropriate (images, headings, dotpoints, links, social media) – because we use a wysiwyg to manage content of these areas.
Footer should reflect the content of the page. Please populate with the same structure as this: http://spreets.com.au/deal/Melbourne, plus categories /features outlined above.
2. ALL LIVE DEALS (PAST DEALS) PAGE
NB. Please limit to six deals for this page with prominent "NEXT" at top and bottom. Please keep the header and footer of homepage and right sidebar.