How HostExchange started their web page design journey
Adioso is an airline flight search engine, currently indexing airlines in Australia and South-East Asia, but with plans to expand globally.
We first launched in Feb 2008 with a design developed via 99designs.
Having enjoyed strong growth in the 6 months since launching, we are now in need of a redesign, to freshen up the look and integrate some new features.
The winning design will have plenty of exposure via this fast-growing site.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Adioso is an airline flight search engine, currently focused on the Australian and South-East Asian markets.
Its key features are:
- locally-stored flight database providing very fast search results
- plain text, "fuzzy" search resultsYou can see it in action at http://www.adioso.com
We require an update to the interface to freshen up the look & feel, and integrate some new features.
We will require the following items to be designed (NO coding):
- main search/results display - (ONLY THIS NEEDS TO BE DESIGNED INITIALLY - other items will be based on this style)
- ultra-simple google-search-box-style welcome/splash page
- inner-page template for airline and airport info pages and the blog page (including a section for paragraph info text)
- RICH COLOR - at least 2 strong contrasting colors, preferably orange and blue, similar to what we currently have, but you're welcome to come up with something better.
- Style should be similar to current site - http://www.adioso.com
- Interface requirements can be seen here...
- Original PSD can be downloaded here
- Brand files can be found hereThe new design should be consistent with the current design, but still different enough to be fresh and noticeably improved.
Points to note:
- We would probably prefer a white background, but we are flexible on this, and open to creative background options
- Please keep to classic sans-serif fonts (Helvetica Neue, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif, and we also like Myriad for graphically rendered type)
- We are looking for a clean, uncluttered interface with plenty of spaceOur competitors are http://www.mobissimo.com, http://www.skyscanner.net, http://www.kayak.com, http://www.momondo.com. BUT most of these sites are too wordy and cluttered; we are looking for something much cleaner, and incorporating the best of Web 2.0 design principles.