Our blog is not endorsed or promoted by KOA. Our branding should be an obvious nod to KOA’s and not any other campground types but it should not copycat KOA’s own branding.
We would like to eventually expand with fun shirts, mugs, etc. A design proven to be attractive and versatile enough for any such uses will standout. Keep in mind... KOA’s are not your average campground. We are not typically a backpacking form of camping. We focus on modern and unique family camping experiences in rvs, tents, cabins, and more. Our activities include barrel trains, movies under the stars, bounce pillows, rock climbing walls, swimming pools, mini golf, large dog parks, petting zoo's, you name it. Not to mention KOA’s unmatched guest service and attention to detail.
I’ve uploaded some images of winners to our past contests to get a feel for the designs we like and why.
Likes (presented as ideas... don’t try to use all):
- Versatile logos that can have variations of color, layout (horizontal, vertical, with or without text) while keeping the same design. See the Learn Shoot Inspire or Moms Shopping Bag logo examples above.
- Inspiration from old family circus cartoons (google it)
- Professional corporate looking design without being boring either (example could be Camping Worlds logo)
- Unique custom drawn by the designer specifically for this logo contest
- Rv or trailer in the design + optional tent
- Bright vibrant colors that would match well on a site showcasing family camping imagery. Dark or earthy colors don’t play well to that.
- Items showcasing KOA yellow. Yellow glow sign, yellow flag, yellow Shirt.
- Immediate “Family fun” appeal
- Showcasing “Let’s Go Kamping” as a standalone statement. Like a child demanding their parents take them to an activity and fun filled KOA rather then some cookie cutter hotel or 3 hour long boring lines at Disney. Or perhaps a stressed couple wanting to get a breather from work for a weekend. Breakout a glass of their favorite wine and glamp at a KOA enjoying the hot tub or movies under the stars.
- Immediately stands out as a blog about KOA camping and not any other form.
- Elements can hint at a KOA logo but not be exact as to avoid trademark or copyright issues
- Stock clipart elements
- Recycled logos from prior contests altered to match ours
- Backpacking implications
- Tent only designs (too backpacky)
- Dark colors
- Logos that can’t be immediately recognized as a reference to KOA campgrounds specifically
- Direct copycat to Family Circus