How DavidD started their print or packaging design journey
A Colorado winemaker needs a label designed for new wines.
Vino di Maria
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are a small Denver-based company who make wine from grapes grown in Palisade, Colorado. We have 3 wine lines for 2007: Syrah, Merlot and Chardonnay. We are looking for a single label design for all, and will just want a color replace for each to keep it simple and for consistent branding.
Each label will have a front and back, with each side having the same label dimensions (3 x 4). This will be printed on high-gloss white stock. The label stock has slightly curved corners. We do not have a logo. We would need the deliverable in PhotoShop CS3 format.
There are certain restrictions for labels, and more info can be found at:
The front lablel should have the following info:
- Vino di Maria
- 2007 Syrah (also Merlot and Chardonnay)
- Palisade, CO
- Alc. 15.8% by Volume
- 750 mlThe back label should include:
- Produced and Bottled by Vino di Maria, Denver, Colorado
- GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) ACCORDING TO THE SURGEON GENERAL, WOMEN SHOULD NOT DRINK
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES DURING PREGNANCY BECAUSE OF THE RISK OF BIRTH DEFECTS. (2)
CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IMPAIRS YOUR ABILITY TO DRIVE A CAR OR OPERATE
MACHINERY, AND MAY CAUSE HEALTH PROBLEMS.
- Contains Sulfites
- 750 ML
- Anything that requires foil (e.g. gold, silver...etc)
- Borders on the label (b/c of the rounded corners)