Visual Dreamz did a fantastic job and was even willing to help with any minor changes after the contest. They got the idea of what my client wanted, and overall experience was very positive. It was very exciting to see my raw idea become a reality with such a talented designer.
How mbartine started their other graphic design journey
A few months ago I held a contest to create a web design for dumb-ya.com. I got a fantastic winning entry from 99designs member kito3. This is an expansion of that project so folks can make fun of the whole bunch of them, as they all deserve.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I obviously lean Left, but lately Right, Left, Center...every one of them gets on my ever-loving last nerve with the way they try to manipulate and deceive with their words while doing whatever they please in private or when voting.
I think we should be making fun of them all, so at least we can get a laugh out of them if they're not going to do their jobs with complete integrity.
So with an anticipatory giggle for your creative response and a 'grrr' for the lot of our so-called leaders, here's the new contest.
Oh, and I'm offering $250, but if you're open to promotion in lieu of part of the prize, that would be helpful to me. I'm going to be putting $$ into promoting the fire out of the site once complete, so if you'd be open to a little promotion of you as the artist of the new caricatures in exchange for offering me a discount on the $250, please send me a private message to that effect after making your submission.
- vector and jpg images
- If you'd like to use the original W image to do the new caricatures behind W, you can access .ai version at http://drop.io/dumbyas - pass: 123321.
- completely original illustrations
- funny! have fun!!
- same color scheme
- I'd like to add to the Dumb-ya look by having W out front, as he is
with the podium, but with Cheney (as Darth Vader), McCain (with Rodney
Dangerfield look - 'I get no respect!'), Hillary (the wicked witch?),
and Obama (take your pick) - all peeking out behind him.
- a mini-banner, such as the 3 for W at the bottom of
Dumb-ya.com, for each of the above caricatures
- a big version of each (same
size as W at podium) for a page that makes fun of each of them by their
little old lonesome.
- the 3 different-sized images of these characters don't have to be different if it's a really great caricature, but it would be cool if they were a little different for each size.
- please be open to feedback and ask questions if you need to.
- anything copy-right protected/not your original work
- doesn't go with the current color scheme of dumb-ya.com