How Cookiesforagoodcause started their other graphic design journey
Need basic brand identity for use on packaging and web site for new premium cookie brand.
Cookies for a Good Cause
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Cookies for a good cause willdonate a percentage of profits to various charities and causes that are tryingto "make the world a little sweeter." This social venture concept is similar to Paul "Newman's Own"line of products (e.g "Fig Newmans").
The cookies will be a premiumor “super-premium” quality product that will support a top end market price -so the brand image has to reflect the product quality, as well as the companymission. Quality comparisons might be Godiva Chocolate, Haagen Daaz ice cream, PepperidgeFarms Cookies, and Rolex watches. Conceptual comparisons would include Newman’sOwn, Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream and Working Assets.
While the image must convey a highlevel of quality and seriousness of purpose, it should also make room for somecreative playfulness. Newman’s Own brandingdoes a great job of creating this balance effectively. The core brand image uses “serious” andelegant Roman lettering, but the product image always shows Paul Newman in aplayful way. Even the name Fig Newmans (rather than Fig Newtons) is a cleverpun.
1) A brand identity “Framework”for the name “Cookies for a Good Cause” to be used on
- Cookie Package
- Web site
2) Tag-ish lines mightinclude:
- “Making the world a little sweeter”– (one bite at a time)
- “Do good by eating good”(what do you want good grammar or great taste?)
3) The package design will bea rectangle roughly twice as tall as wide.
Each package will also featurea large photo of the cookie type
Cookie names may include:
- Good Old Oatmeal
- Orbites (out of this worldtaste)
- Carol’s (not just for)Christmas Cookies
- Ginger’s Cookies (realGinger!)
Not child oriented – whilekids love ‘em, these Cookies are targeted at adultswho want an affordable luxury, and want to vote with their purchasing power tosupport meaningful causes.