We are two young and ambitious guys who just started an architecture firm.
We are called VLOT which is a Dutch name with two meanings:
1. (literally) timber raft, a floating structure.
2. (figuratively) When something goes fluent, smooth, effortlessly.
- We are the vessel taking the clients on a (design)journey;
- Adventurous, it should be a fun and educating trip.
- Open minded towards the destination(design) > Client wants help going from A to B, but we might believe C or Z is more suiting..
- A VLOT is something that can be made by and understood by a kid.
- Handmade with (local) materials at hand;
- Crafted with the knowledge, tools and technique at hand;
- Trial and error, will it float? Test, adapt, improve.
Our designs are:
- Based on research;
- Smart, thoughtful, profound;
- Always designed for multiple-use;
- Outspoken in character;
- Modest in appearance.
We are not graphic designers but architects, we normally don't design logo's, however we think the logo should represent:
- Graphic design of floating structure; preferably abstract, minimalistic and modern.
- Graphic design of the font, fitting our firm.
- Slogan possible, but not nescerray "architectuur en onderzoek" meaning "architecture and research"
You are the graphic designer, and so, if you believe we should have other thoughts on our logo then the description above, feel free to inspire us. We challenge you to take us on a journey!
Have fun and good luck!