it was great working with Oculus on our church logo design. He was very professional and quick to respond. I got exactly what I asked for. I would work with him again in the future.
How Milano started their logo design journey
Butterfly Design Build
We are an eclectic team from all trades that likes to win by not following the rules. Butterfly is a green home design build firm that is waking up this tired home building market. We do historically accurate and modern design and always go green in whatever we do. We deliver exceptional design and build using sustainable materials and processes. Our philosophy is to be pure in our design (classic principles, contemporary implementation) and material use (let plastic be plastic, metal be metal), leverage technology and always leave customers happy. We chose Butterfly because butterflies are great symbols of nature and life (sustainability), and the butterfly shows up in homebuilding (butterfly roof: http://bit.ly/cKvk8f) and fine woodworking (butterfly joint: http://bit.ly/9ilK95). We will stand out by having a higher standard of respect for the project, customer and it's impact on the neighborhood.
HGTV staff know our work and wants to feature us in upcoming episodes of Curb Appeal and Renovation Generation.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
This is for well off and well educated young and young minded renovators and home buyers (we renovate entire homes and sell them and do smaller renovations such as kitchens, baths and decks) that want impeccable design and build (construction) that is environmentally sound. We want to appeal to people that have aspirations of a better life through a better home. Our customers are young professionals that don't mind spending more for quality and they consider themselves good global citizens and want their homes to reflect this. They are Smart, Capable and Savvy. We want a wordmark that reflects these attributes.
THE CHALLENGE: A wordmark for our progressive design build firm called Butterfly Design Build.
1. we prefer either all caps 'BUTTERFLY' or all lowercase 'butterfly'
2. be sure that design.build or design + build or whatever you can come up with, will play a subordinate role to the word butterfly
3. we lead with 'design build' followed by 'green/sustainable' - we are designers and builders first and foremost, we just happen to do it in a green way
4. We don't want to alienate people by being to austere - we want it to be hip, welcoming and trustworthy
5. We love san serif fonts (helvetica forever!) but can be swayed by beauty and reason.