Fine Arts and Eats
I am a previous restaurant owner who learned quickly that there is not much support for you unless you network - so I did. We have some tremendous local performing arts groups that reached out to me during my restaurant days, and vice versa.
Having made many local connections with other restaurateurs, I saw an opportunity to help them as well as local performing arts groups and other local businesses. The business model I am developing initially works to design a dining card for their mutual customer base – the key word being LOCAL.
I am a huge supporter of the local community and a large percentage of the card sales will go to support the local arts community. Purchasers of this card will receive specific offers for local businesses and restaurants (special price fixed dinners on show night???), local businesses connect better with their customer base, and everyone wins.
The purpose of this card is to build relations and strengthen community ties.
Once the relationships have been established, I intend to further develop the concept into an events business (utilizing the same groups and businesses) and possibly into a restaurant supportive business.
The target audience of this card will be those who best support the local economy and community. Specifially local Non Profit performing arts groups, local business owners, and local restaurants.
My target audience is a three way:
- Fundraising for local Non Profit Performing Arts Groups
- Assisting local businesses in retaining customer base and introducing potential new customers
- Connecting patrons of the Performing Arts with local businesses.
Your design will be seen all over my city from the programs given at the performances, to ads placed in print and potentially on TV, to possibly the menus at the restaurants themselves.
I'm looking for a logo that is colorful and fun, classy but whimsical. It needs to connect two main elements: fine dining and performing arts.
I am looking for these elements:
1. Straightforward – nothing too abstract. The person seeing it needs to automatically link the arts with fine dining.
2. Animated designs or cartoonish designs are OK but only if classy. I do like whimsy however, just not childlike.
3. I do want to convey class, but want it friendly – not too standoffish.
4. Typeface should be clear, simple and bold. I want something that is sharp and stands out.
5. It should be professional.
6. It will appear against a warm hued color in the red/orange range and will possibly be used against a white background.
I don’t want:
2. Overly complicated designs
3. Doctored graphics – blurred, fuzzy, gradient, shadowed, etc.
4. Stock images or clip art
The logo will be used on:
1. Initially a dining club card.
2. On business cards, brochures, print ads.
3. All over my website when developed.
4. Banners and Parade floats
Feel free to experiment with colors, but I prefer warm and classy deep reds and burgundies, perhaps with offsetting blues or greens integrated.
I need the logo in the following format:
- Print file format - .ai (CMYK), .eps
- Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)