We struggled filling out this section. Not because we don't have ideas, but because we want to be careful not to stifle your creativity. We have some thoughts to share but there's room for experimentation too.
[**update: please read our "comments" on the main contest page for tweaks to the following.**]
1. We know want something simple, fresh, innovative, clear and clean. It should exude style but in a simple, clean, professional way. Hopefully it can also feel cutting edge.
2. We'd like to have the logo contain the text "maximize video productions" and an "icon".
3. Ideally the icon itself could stand-alone without the text and represent the word "maximize".
4. We haven't seen a good use of cameras, film stock, slates (clapper), etc. in a logo so we tend to lean away from those ideas.
5. We thought the icon might just be some form of an "m" but if it's an abstract representation of "maximizing" that might be better.
6. We're big fans of logos that have a slight three-dimensional feel. The floating icon with shadow beneath is something we like but it would need to look good when flattened, shadowless, and black and white too.
7. Color-wise, we're open but tend to lean toward blue/black/gray combo... but we're open to green, orange, etc. just no red!
8. We need the final version in a layered, vector-based format (.ai, .psd, etc.)
9. We'll need a horizontal as well as a vertical layout for the logo.
For a look at our site, here's the link: http://www.maximizevideo.com