We are starting a new tie business that will be retailing ties online and in stores. In the future we will also be selling other accessories such as tie clips, cufflinks, and wallets. We are looking for something classic, while still being trendy. See below for a detailed description of what we are looking for in the form of a creative briefing.
We have thought about experimenting with crests in the past, but designers seem reluctant to make these (due to difficulty). Feel free to experiement with this concept if you can make a crest sufficiently trendy.
Target Market Demographics (Must appeal to this):Males, ages 16-39, above average income for their age, working in aprofessional discipline (or aspiring to do so) - Can be described as a"yuppie". Also appealing to student professionals and trendy wanna-be professionals
Target Market Psychographics (Must appeal to this,can reflect these qualities in the logo): Find pride in success, work harderthan most, intelligent, fashionable
Current Product(s): Men's Neckties
Future Product(s): Men's Cufflinks, Tie Clips,Wallets
If you put out quality work, there is the opportunity forfuture work as we prepare to launch, as well as ongoing work if you so choose.
- Making ties a personal statement and making something that you enjoy wearing
- Making high fashion accessible to the broader market
- Uncompromised quality in all productsVision Statement:
- Revolutionizing the tie market, positioning ties as something trendy and strived for
- Taking control of the online market for ties and men's accessories
- Becoming a recognizable brand in the marketplaceMore on the Brand:
- Scorsa itself does not mean anything, we are trying to create meaning for it.
- We want to be an authoritative source and help people make decisions, much like high end fashion brands.
- We are selling a lifestyle to customers - helping them realize their dream of success
- Every tie will be very fashionable
- The experience will be that of luxury, but the pricing will not be as such.In general, the brand should represent trendiness and success.
- Any colour scheme
- Classic feel (20%)
- Trendy feel (80%)
- Recognizable symbol that can be used on its own
- Can be use on the web or in print (colour, black and white, embossed)
- Unique, recallable logo
- Possible (not required, but nice to have):- Logo can be used as a pattern
- Simple is nice, but recallable/memorable/unique takes priority
- Use of archetypes is VERY beneficial (explain them if you used them)
- Must be included in the logo file:- Any fonts used
- Raw file format (Vector in PSD, PNG, etc.)
- More than 3 colours (not including background)- "Men's Apparel" in the text (or any slogans/tag lines for that matter)
- A tie in the logo