We would like a clean, fresh, elegant design that can scale down to be seen on a mobile handset or used (perhaps in a modified format) as an avatar on social media sites. Scandinavian/U.K.-type design style is preferred.
• Clever use of negative space
• Sans serif fonts
• Fussy, complex fonts
• Ellipses, arcs (way overused)
The colors we have in mind for our logo include
• Blue, because I think it is a cool intellectual colour that denotes business, and because “fathom” is also a nautical term denoting a unit of measurement of water depth (6 ft or 1.8 metres).
• Gold or yellow, because it provides a counterpoint to blue, to “illuminate” the logo (i.e. insight)
• Dark grey or black (sans serif) font, for the name of the company: Fathom Insight Management.
• White or clear background, for use with the Wordpress theme on my website
• I am open to rainbow/prism effects as another option, but it has to be very impressive. No unicorns! :-)
We do not have any specific images or icons in mind that we would definitely like to see incorporated into our logo. Abstract renderings of a brain OR an eye OR arrows might work. However, ABSOLUTELY NO cartoons, animals, stock photos, clipart, or cheesy fonts (Comic Sans, I’m looking at you!).