How John Armstrong started their logo design journey
HotCity Theatre in St. Louis seeks a new logo for a revised branding plan. Something memorable, simple, artsy, catchy, and speaks about the type of contemporary off-beat, raw yet sophisticated, professional shows that we are known to produce.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We would like a design/logo/font that reflects our theatre company's values and style: intelligent, hip, contemporary, raw/edgy, and theatrical. Our theatre company doesn't often produce plays that end in happy endings... Dark comedies, real situations... This is a fluff free theatre company. Life sometimes 'sucks' and we show you why you should laugh or scream about it. Something a little jagged seems to work in our head. In the end, needs to reflect our STYLE much better than current logo.
- Must have an element of the title of the company. (could be an acronym (HCT) however.)
- might be interesting to incorporate in some fashion an abstract skyline to connect the current logo to the new one. (not necessary)
- must have the style of the company: raw, real, hip, contemporary yet professional. Very stylized.
- Must look relatively good in Black and White.
- no flames or fire anywhere in logo please...
- no OBVIOUS references to the St. Louis Arch please. (It's pretty cliche in St. Louis as you might have guessed)