SDNN has a new business model. Our goal is to be the #1 source for all the news, events, and entertainment in San Diego, from your neighborhood to the county and beyond! SDNN will be the place where you can be informed and share your thoughts about restaurants, movies, the Padres, and anything else that's on your mind from the silly to the serious.
We need a logo and would love a tag line.
Adjectives that describe SDNN: trusted, comprehensive, innovative, useful, interactive, original, irreverent, tree freeA new approach to the news is coming to San Diego in March 2009
San Diego News Network is a new regional news, information and entertainment website in San Diego County. We are a completely integrated, standalone news site that provides the most comprehensive hyper-local news, sports and information, through personalization, relevance, multi-generational arts and entertainment coverage, and most importantly—interactivity. In addition, we offer international and national news through the Associated Press and other sources.
Our in-depth and wide ranging content can be found no where else, and comes from four sources:
• A core fulltime staff of experienced journalists responsible for breaking news, sports and enterprise stories
• Award-winning former San Diego Union-Tribune journalists serving as contributing editors for lifestyle sections such as education, arts and entertainment, books, health, travel, real estate, and home and garden.
• The best free lance writers in the region
• Active media partners, including community newspapers, specialty magazines, TV and radio, covering several different aspects of San Diego from varying perspectives.
• Associated Press and other national and international news sources
• Expert “bloggers” on a wide variety of topics including local politics, money, movies, restaurants and sports
The people behind San Diego News Network
Our founder and publisher/executive editor is Ron James, who has over 30 years of experience in multimedia and the Internet. Most recently, Ron was the #2 person at SignOnSanDiego for eight years. Serial entrepreneurs Neil Senturia and Barbara Bry have key management roles as CEO and associate publisher, and Kevin Hall, the former CTO at Provide Commerce/Proflowers.com, is Chief Operating Officer.
Our mission is to become the most trusted, respected and valuable source of news and information about San Diego, and the place to which our community turns when people want to have a conversation on topics from the silly to the serious.
Our values reflect the best of traditional journalism standards. We are a collaborative organization that works with our employees, media partners, advertisers and audiences to assure a mutually beneficial editorial and financial relationship.
We like orange and black but aren't wedding to them.
We are considering several tag lines: (and may rotate them in our ads initially-- haven't found one that we love)
Your personal news network
Your news now
Stay classy San Diego
Plug in and play
News for you
San Diego--the way that you like it
We're very open--