How Festivaldaysraces started their logo design journey
Farmington Festival Days Half Marathon, 10k & 5k
I am the Race Director for the Farmington Festival Days Half Marathon, 10k & 5k. I am seeking a new logo design that will help give our race an identity.
In the past, the logos we have used have been based around the yearly theme for our Festival Days celebration. I want to move away from that and get a logo that captures the feel of Farmington and will be easily identifiable to other runners and can be used year after year.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Runners come in many shapes, sizes and ages. It is hard to please everyone with a logo or t-shirt design. I am hoping that your talents will be able to please as many people as possible. The logo should be eye-catching enough that a person will be able to look at the design and immediately recognize it as coming from our race.
Farmington, Utah has fewer than 15,000 residents and has a hometown charm to it (kind of like Mayberry in the Andy Griffith Show without the bumbling deputy).
We are known for our tree lined streets, being located at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains and home to Utah’s only amusement park (Lagoon).
The city has a unique history with the use of rock in the design of the buildings because of all the rock that is located in the city and mountains surrounding it.
One of the things that is easily recognized from our annual celebration held in conjunction with this race, is the large white and orange parachute that is used as a sun shade over the main stage in the park.
- This logo does not need to incorporate runners or running per se.
- The logo should include the name of the race
- Please use no dates in the since we are looking to use this logo in the years to come.
- This logo will be used on our website, in advertising & registration materials and race t-shirts.
- Fonts should be easy to read
- The logos should be easy to reproduce (especially in the silk screening process).
- Please no stock images or clip art
- No more than 4 spot colors (3 color preferred)