We are a small family company that runs one of the most popular pregnancy sites in Sweden. We run this site, and several others, because of our interest in the subject (we are parents ourselves) and a wish to help others find the support they need becoming parents.
The majority of our visitors consist of pregnant women ages 17-40, of which are first time parents to be.
We wish to foster a community where friendliness and support are two important cornerstones.
The site is called "Bli mamma", which is Swedish for "become a mother", and the current design can be seen here: http://www.blimamma.se
We are looking for a logo to represent our site and brand, and to take it into the next decade. We want to logo to be discrete, distinct and modern.
1. We would like the new logo to build on the old stylized logo figure representing a pregnant woman (see the attached image), but feel free to interpret it in your own way.
2. The winning logo design will be the base for an overall redesign of the site so don't look to much on the current site design.
3. Feel free to play around with different colors, but the logo itself can be monochrome or with a limited palette, preferably one version for white background and one version for black or colored background
4. It is a big plus if it is suitable for the web as well as for print.
5. The logo must contain the site/brand name (Bli Mamma)
6. The new logo should be "web 2.0" (or 3.0 if you like), see http://fontfeed.com/archives/the-lo…of-web-20/ for some reference to what we are looking for. Another way to put it is the the logo have to feel "fresh" and appealing.
7. For layout purposes the logo elements should probably be aligned horizontally (unless your design convince us otherwise)
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo
We will try to provide continuous feedback to all designers.