Things I want:
1. A custom stylized font with a design surrounding it (possibly swirlies, paisley, or other decorative designs)
2. Blog Logo PLUS an additional custom avatar for social media profiles, possibly (but not necessarily) involving a uniquely styled "M"
3. Cheerful, Playful, Spirited, and light hearted
4. Some or all of the colors (or a similar warm combo of colors) found on this page: http://hyder.me/blog/
5. POSSIBLY a hippo image - more abstract and less cartoonish is preferable
6. A logo I like is Laura Rauch's at http://99designs.com/logo-design - I may end up going with something totally different but this is one possible direction
Things to avoid:
1. cartoon images of people
2. clip art
3. ultra girlie / feminine stuff
There's a fine line between too childish or cartooney and just right. PLEASE feel free to experiment and be open to suggestions. We'll hone it down to the perfect logo for me!
Note: The theme on Mommypotamus.com will remain, but every part of the above-the-fold style will probably change, as well as the overall color scheme. Will be changing the main navigation. The split color header will be changed also.
This logo may be big enough to be a banner image, or it may flow in conjunction with a solid color background. That part is flexible.
See the attached image for a photo of Heather (the "Mommypotamus").
I will give frequent and detailed feedback on designs submitted that show the designer has read these requirements and is doing some creative work.