PlaceMatters believes in informed, equitable, and effective citizen engagement in increasingly complex land use planning situations. We work to ensure that communities and organizations design and implement processes that garner broad public involvement and support and lead to sustainable, livable communities.
What is our mission?
We help communities make informed, inclusive decisions that foster sustainable vibrant communities.
● As practitioners, our mission is to provide communities/regions/partners with consultation, design, implementation and evaluation of decision-making processes focusing on sustainability and community planning that are better informed and more inclusive.
● As innovators, our mission is to develop cutting edge new decision-support tools and techniques, adapt existing tools and techniques, and transfer and scale these innovations into practice.
● As thought leaders, our mission is to advance the art and science of decision-making in community sustainability and decision support by taking our on-the-ground experiences, innovations, ideas, and experiments and sharing them with others interested in sustainability and community planning.
● Better Decisions, Better Future
● Community Sustainability and Vitality Through Improved Decisio