Great Work! Thank you for really concentrating on giving us different tailored options.
- AIM Offshoring
How DarbyW started their logo design journey
Buzzillions is a customer review website that rates products based on people's real experience with products. We are launching a "Reviewers Choice" award program to recognize the best products in each category, and have the badge displayed where that product is sold - on websites, magazines, product packaging and advertisements.
We're looking for a seal that's all about quality and credibility - it's "The People" who are doing the awarding... which is how consumers *really* know it's right for them.
Buzzillions.com. Product reviews from people like you.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The design is for the Buzzillions “Reviewers Choice Award" badge. We are a product reviews website with 4.5 million reviews currently on our site. We’re a place where people go to make sure they are buying the right product for them. We’re different from other review sites, because we enable you to find reviews from people “just like you” (same needs and uses as you), so you get more relevant input into your decision and can trust your decision more.
So “trust” and “quality” are what we’re about. So we’ve decided to reinforce that with a “Reviewers Choice” badge that we will award each month and then again at the end of the year. This badge needs to impart the following three things:
- The “people”
- Total trust and credibility
Details in the next section.
- The badge must have “Buzzillions logo” + “Reviewers Choice” + either “Winner” or “Finalist” + the date designation (monthly award = “Dec 2008” annual = “2008”)
- Buzzillions logo must be prominently displayed at the top, and be easily noticed and read at all badge sizes.
- “Reviewers’ Choice” is displayed just below Buzzillions, then “Winner” or “Finalist” with the date (2008 or Dec 2008) below that.
- The Winner badge must be visually “superior” to the Finalist badge.
- The badges need to look “authoritative” and “trusted” and suggest to the viewers “a seal of quality”.
- The badge must also impart that it’s judged by “the people”, specifically “Reviewers from regular people”. It’s sufficient that the term “Reviewers’ Choice” communicate this, but feel free to explore other means of getting this across, as well.
- The Reviewers Choice badge needs to look part of a “family” of badges with the “Buzzillions Rank” badge currently used on product pages and results pages on Buzzillions.com (http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_1057616_samsung_52_1080p_lcd_hdtv_ln52a650_reviews and http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_11738…0_reviews). It is sufficient that the color is the same and the Buzzillions logo is used. Don’t feel constrained by the Rank badge, as it doesn’t impart the “authority” and “trust” we’re looking for in the Reviewers Choice award.
- The badges need to be clearly readable in black & white settings.
- The three sizes the badges should be designed for are:
- Buzzillions.com product page – 85 x 85 pixels
- Buzzillions.com category/results page – 55 x 55 pixels
- Scalable for print media and packaging
- In addition to the badge itself, next to the badge will be placed copy (“Category Copy”) that identifies the Product Category (e.g. “Jogging Stroller”) and the Type of Reviewers judging that award (e.g. “for First-Time Parents”). [Please use these specific examples in your designs.]
- There are two layout versions – one with the Category Copy to the right of the badge and one with the Category copy below the badge. Please show both in your final badge designs.
- Please deliver the final designs in vector format.
- The Brand fonts are Future and Eagle-Book, but don’t be constrained by these. Buzzillions logo is the only “requirement”, font-wise.
- Very few “don’t wants”. Please make sure it works reliably on a website (e.g. not using shading that doesn’t look the same from setting to setting, or shadows that often look pixilated). Also, please make sure it looks great in black & white.