WHO WE ARE:
Abstract Room (a french non-profit) organizes traveling art exhibitions in mobile exhibition spaces or in “pop-up” galleries, with the goal to identify & promote novel practices in contemporary abstraction. We will "bring art to the public and not the public to the art", locating our galleries nearby existing events (museum or art center opening, art fairs, etc...), using an educational/pedagogic approach to introduce the work we have carrefully selected to our public.
Our project is international and we will be present in cities like London, Berlin, Paris, Brussels, Basel, New York, etc... We will also publish exhibition catalogs and books that will include essays on the contemporary abstraction scene, written by art critics and art historians. Our artist roster will include some of the big names of the contemporary art world, along with some emerging artists.
Most cutting-edge art galleries and art centers have very sober visual identities with the name of the organization in dark grey trendy fonts on a white background. We would like to get a logo that:
1. Reflects the "high-end" positioning of abstract room (we need to convey an image of seriousness in our curatorial choices and to be in line with the reputation of the artists that we will show).
2. That breaks away from the typical grey on white logo to show that our approach of art is different and accessible.
See attached visual guidelines for the logo development.
Our main requirement is to have the full name of abstract room spelled out in the logo. The name needs to be easy-to-read and cursive/script fonts should be avoided.
We would like to keep the logo simple and to have it represent how unique our project is in the art world. We would like to avoid an illustrative design (like for example paintbrushes or letters in the shape of painting frames).
We do not think that the "old-fashion", « vintage », « home-made style» imagery will be a good fit for Abstract Room.
For colors :
- Yellows, Oranges, Blues, Purples, Browns, Brownish Reds and Dark Greens can be used.
- Grey and Black can be used in association with other colors
- Light Greens, Heavy Reds and Pinks should be avoided,
- Avoid « rainbow » effect or association of many colors
We have not submitted "designs we like" as we have no pre-conception of what our logo should look like and we do not wish to curb your creativity. .