Wonderful, great work - good job being on the ball with updates
How jujudellago started their logo design journey
Fresh appealing logo design for an online magazine dedicated to electronic music.
We are really impessed by the quality of the submitted designs, with all these implementations of our need for a logo with 6 dots.
but so now we are curious to see if we could have turned the contest in another way: keep our old logo as a base and just freshen it up...
it was designed in 97, we lived with it for so long that we are totally bored to see it... as much as we are so much used to see it.... it had that quality of being so easily regognizable on the party flyers.....
So I guess we'll pick between the most original and appealing new way of writing hexadance with 6 dots, and a simple refresh of the old one...
we really hope we don't ask too much for what we can offer in this contest, but we can assure we'll add credits to the designer who'll be picked on our website, and possibly have a lot more graphic design needs in the future (flyers, pages layouts, icons, etc...) so this could be the begining of a beautifull collaboration !
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Hexadance is an online magazine created in 1997, we talk about electronic music, that includes party feedbacks, music reviews, party agenda, photo reports & many more.
Our current website is totally outdated, and will be soon replaced by a new one using leading edge technologies (ajax and so on...)
Our development team is very motivated, but lacks of graphic design inspiration, that's why we need you !
we really regret to be on such a tight budget, but a good proposal from you could lead to much more interresting proposals
our first logo (1997-2007)
our second logo (2007-now)
- fresh modern logo
- I think everyone request the same thing here... web 2.0 if it means anything ;)
- the logo must include somehow the 6 dots used in our first logo- using 2 colours- one being black (or dark grey)
- and other colour of your choice (green, purple, blue.. your pick) this colour must be usable as text colour on a white background
- the logo will be mostly used in colours, but must also be printable as a shape
- as a variant, the same logo with the text "www.hexadance.com"
- must be easily readable, as the logo might be printed on small sizes on party fliers (1-2 inch)
- the best thing our developer could create was this new logo it fills all our needs (colour, shape, 6 dots...) but we simply don't like it enough for out new website
- vectorial format (as we will need to print it sometimes)
- a cut & paste from another logo (we already tried to take the flickr letters, putting the last "e" in pink)
- a design based on glossy or reflection effect only
- too much details (headphones, cd players,... )
- anything old fashionned...