How socialgrapevine started their logo design journey
socialgrapevine is an online social shopping community developed and derived by its users and wine suppliers. We need a great looking logo for use on web site, emails, collateral and sales materials and advertisements.
socialgrapevine (could also be SocialGrapeVine or SocialGrapevine)
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Our mission is simple, to save you and your friends time and money while rewarding you with great wines and other incentives for shopping with us. We offer an interactive forum where retailers can share great wine which we've handpicked for our members. Our system allows our members to share the great wines they find and buy with their friends, allowing VIP members to find out about hard to find wines in advance of the general shopping public. As a bonus, our socialgrapevine members earn cork points that can be redeemed at our rewards center.
What is socialgrapevine?
socialgrapevine is an online social shopping community developed and derived by its users and wine suppliers. You can find great wine offers with comments provided by our members every day.
How does socialgrapevine work?
With socialgrapevine, members not only can buy great deals, but they decide what the best deals are going to make it to the front page featuring the site's most popular deals but they can earn valuable rewards points in the process. VIP members will have access to offers in advance of the general public and be offered unique ways to earn and redeem cork points.
What are we looking for in a logo?
We want a design that will set us apart from other social network and wine sites and to give the consumers an image they will remember.
- No major rules here...- However we prefer a 2 color design. Open to 4 color but it also needs to work in 1 or two colors and for eventual B&W and or gray scale for newspaper.- Should work on white or light background for eventual use on letterhead but it would also be cool if the logo could be used on a black/dark gray or any color bar for possible use as the masthead for the web site. This also shows how it might work as a knock-out over a photo for ads etc. Also open for background color suggestions. Lavenders, purples, greens? Show an alternative dark color background if you are so inclined.
- Winner will provide all original artwork (illustrator/photoshop)
- Winning design will be: Fun, Fresh, Valuable, Social & Interactive
- Open for creative exploration. Can be all type. Does not have to use a graphic element (wine, drinking or otherwise). Be creative!
- Here a crazy thought: How about the possibly of a design that incorporates a wine splotch that sort of forms an abstract of two people communicating?
- LEGAL: If your Logo or design is selected, you agree to forward ALL source files and material for the deliverables upon payment. Your logo and/or design is not a copy or alteration of someone elses logo and/or design. If nothing is found to meet our identity strategy, we reserve the right to cancel this contest. You are the legal owner of said deliverables, and hold all rights to said deliverables. You agree to transfer ownership and all rights of said deliverables to me upon payment. Full payment of $250 is only paid if all requirments are met to their fullest and I reserve the right to pay out the lower amounts listed above based on what is completed and is chosen as a winner in the contest
- No trademark or copyrighted logos, images, slogans, etc!