miszal has been a pleasure to work with from the start of the contest. creative and responsive.
Was able to to completely understand what we were looking for. Quick to respond and make any changes we asked for. Would love to work with again.
Ina and Vlado were fantastic. What set them apart from the other designers in my design contest was their consistently beautiful designs, all the way through the process. They have an uncanny ability to transform words into aesthetically pleasing ideas, and are not afraid to interpret instructions so that the designs come out perfectly. These two are the brains you want behind your designs. I would not hesitate to recommend them to others and I plan to contract their services in the future.
How joeosterberg started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
Day One DJ
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We're a wedding and special event DJ business. About 80% of our events our weddings and the other 20% are company and school events.
We tend to appeal to couples with a bit of a higher budget for their DJ. Either because of their affluence or because music and entertainment is the part of their wedding they value the most and they'll stretch to pay for us. We're 2-3x the price of most mobile DJ businesses in the area.
Another thing we focus on is not being the typical cheesy wedding DJ. Younger couples (usually 18-35) want their weddings to be parties. Not a bunch of chicken dance and limbo stuff. We're more of a "user friendly club style" earlier in the night and clubbier later in the night
We have 4 DJs on the team currently and I want to have the top 10% of DJs in the area representing the business.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
I'm open to different options. I do like the blue look, but I'm not set on it.
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
I'm looking for an update or redesign of my current logo. I am open to different interpretations of the layout, font(s), etc, but I do want to keep the diamond bow tie concept in some capacity.
Note that it's Day One DJ, not DJ Day One (a common misinterpretation of the logo). I'm open to the "D" being both open or closed like it currently is.
I'd like to only use gradients IF there's also a simplified multi-color version or single color version for printing / embroidery / vinyl reasons. I've had some issues with that in my current logo.
I need something that really communicates the types of couples I'm trying to capture. A couple companies I look up to are SCE Event Group (https://www.sceeventgroup.com/) and Bunn DJ Company (https://www.bunndjcompany.com/). It's not that I admire their logos necessarily, but I admire the overall image they portray.