I am seeking a talented designer to create a brand logo for a racing airplane. This logo will be used in a race competition in early September and will appear on t-shirts, buttons, and perhaps even nose art.
We already have a general sketch of the image (see attached).
Background on the plane:
Airplane is an Aerovodochody L-29, made in the ‘60s in Czechoslovakia – was a Czech airforce recon machine back then. The plane is white with red trim.
We will be debuting the logo at the Reno Air Races in September. The audience is composed of racing enthusiasts - we're looking for a clever way to incorporate elements of "racing" along with the history of the plane in the logo in the same way that we did with the plane's name: Vodo Finish.
- Racing is about flying low, flying fast and turning left
- Races have been going for 47 years -- http://airrace.org is the home page for history
- Here's the jet class home page -- http://racingjets.com/home.html
- Here's a link to in cockpit view to get a feel of what the races look like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnCh7PfiZx8
We already have a general sketch of the logo. However, I would also like to see interesting/unique ways of incorporating the jet shape as well.
Required elements include:
- Race #76
- Vodo Finish [name of the plane which is derived from of 'photo finish' and 'Aerovodochody' the airplane builder]
- Aero Vodochody L-29-R [make and model]
- The scanned logo paper shows a camera lens as the 2nd 'o' of vodo -- and the reflection in the lens is the reno home pylon with a jet going by
- Cyrillic version of L-29
- Colors: The plane is white with red stripes and a large number 76 in black. Therefore, for primary colors, stay with red, black & white.
Other elements to consider:
- Racing inspired logo
- Czechoslovakian airplane [originally from the czech air force]
- L-29 turbojet from the 60s http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-29
- Red star, eastern european themed biases
- But the airplane's race number is 76, so a US patriotic bias is ok
- Airplane is called the L-29 Delphin (dophin) -- its side view has a dolphin looking nose
- The big race 76 numbers are on the nose [and on the bottom of right wing and top of left wing] http://www.vmcnutt.com/jets.jpg
- Probably avoid using elements that are to close to Reno Air Racing Association items