I need a logo for my new online advertising network, to be used on the web and in printed materials.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The company matches independent sellers of physical products with readers of blogs and other web sites, somewhat of an "Ebay meets Google AdSense." We want to convey a professional, trustworthy image, but because our sellers and publishers are mostly small businesses, there's an opportunity to have a little fun so as not to come across as too cold and corporate. (The name itself is a bit of a play on late-night direct-response television commercials.)
- The deliverable should be a scalable vector graphics or Adobe Illustrator file.
- The logo should be a combination of graphics and the name "Thingomatic" (in all caps or with just the leading T capitalized). I have no font preference, so long as it's clear and readable when scaled up or down.
- The logo should use no more than 3-4 colors, and should work against a white or gray background. I don't have a particular color palette in mind, but for logos tend to prefer bold, primary colors. Ideally the logo will also work in black-and-white.
- The logo (or a component of it) should be simple enough that it can be scaled down and used on the product ads themselves (think of the size of the "Ads by Google" tag on Google AdSense banners).
- The logo can be square or rectangular. Ideally there's also a roughly-square graphical component (sans name) or other simplified variant that can be used as a favicon.
- Please no clip art or photos.
- We may incorporate a tagline at a later time; for now the logo should just include the name.