The logo will be used for a car-related website that will serve the general population (your average driver, commuters, mechanics, car salespersons, business fleet managers, taxi drivers, etc.)
I'm looking for a logo that can be used for lifelong branding. It should include the words (blue star car) but also include a graphic representation that can be easily recognizable itself (like the Nike Swoosh). Generally speaking, I'm looking for a logo that makes the average driver -- with no particular car knowledge -- comfortable using the website, but also something that speaks to the car gurus too.
It's very possible that after this contest is finished, I'd use the same designer for the next portions of the project (business cards, etc.)
1. I'm thinking the logo should definitely make reference to a blue star, but the best design will figure out how to make the star appealing and interesting, rather than cheesy. Feel free to include some abstraction of a car also or something like that if you've got a good idea (e.g., car, headlights, steering wheel).
2. the look that i'm striving for is professional, approachable, almost friendly-looking, modern, sophisticated, and fairly simple. concepts that imply movement or a smooth ride might be interesting. i tend to like things that look hand-drawn. I'm less inclined to pick anything cartoon-like. but feel free to be creative, i'm open to new ideas.
3. it would make sense to include some blue in the design, and i'm open to other colors along with the blue. orange, a grass or lime green, other shades of blue are all fine, and others are too if you've got a good idea. Ultimately, though, a design taht is effective also just in black and white will be important.
4. Feel free to play with the capitalization and spacing of bluestarcar (e.g., bluestarcar, blueSTARcar, blue star car, Blue Star Car, BLUESTARCAR, etc.) I'm open to creative ideas about all of those.
5. Ultimately, I'll be interested in having a version that I can use in different situations (e.g., just the logo, the logo and the company name, the logo and company name and tagline). But the logo and the company name is the most important right now.
Finally, I'll need the logo produced in a vector format by Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator so I can resize without any loss of quality, so final transmittal in both standard web formats (.jpg, .gif or .png) and vector formats (.eps, pdf, or .ai).
It's really important that this website be user-friendly and that the logo almost "welcomes" people to the site so nothing too edgy or metallic (even though it is an automotive website).
Nothing complicated or cheesy please.