My client is establishing a standalone presence and requires a logo to use in both a new online and re-badged offline presence. Be assured this contest has a prescriptive brief (confident prize will be guaranteed) and plenty of feedback.
Soho Standardbreds is based in Australia and is a premier stable of standardbred horses - harness racing horses. If you are not familiar with harness racing the attachments should help.
Soho is involved in every stage of a racing career from breeding young horses through to racing and through to the breeding careers. Soho has enjoyed considerable success both on and off the race track.
The target audience for Soho is well defined as those interested in harness racing. Specifically these segments include people generally interested in one or more horses they form an attachment too from either a general or wagering interest; owners of related horses; owners of competitive horses; potential buyers of predominately young horses.
We want a logo that is appealing, professional and reflects their ascendancy towards being the premier operation of its kind
We are looking for a logo to represent the racing and breeding operations - Soho Standardbreds. SoHo is one of the premier stables and facilities in the sport and this should be reflected in the logo.
- SoHo is involved in harness racing from end-to-end including breeding through racing and then back to breeding - hence I'll make the suggestion of depicting a foal (younger horse) and an older horse or multiple horses
- Stable racing colours have 5 orange stars on black (refer attachments). So obviously a black, orange and white logo and I am thinking the stars could be incorporated into a star / comet trail coming off the horse(s)
- Both the image and the typeface needs to be clear.
- From the attachments the logos I like relevant to this are
* Kentuckiana (old and young horse pacing - harness racing)
* Harness Racing ACT (nice and clean - works in colour / b + w)
* NSW Breeders (generations of horses)
The files we will require are colour and greyscale versions:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo that may cause copyright issues