Sports is a huge topic of conversation in America. People (like us) who dont know much about sports feel left out. Getting sports news from conventional sources like ESPN is hard, intimidating and boring.
"WhatsABall" is a short daily email, briefing people on the key sports topics in THEIR CITY. It is for people who ARE NOT HARD CORE SPORTS FANS. It will be focused on urban professionals who don't have time to get into the details of sports but still want to participate in sports conversations.
The name of the company makes fun of the little sports knowledge our clients will have. As in "What is a ball?" I.e. our customers are starting from a very low level of sports knowledge.
The name of the company also signifies that WE DON'T TAKE SPORTS SERIOUSLY. For us, its sports are just a way to connect with people. We are NOT true fans.
Women & Men
Professionals (working in Finance, Consulting, Sales, etc.)
Somewhat familiar with sports
NOT sports fans
First, please make a logo that is a modification of the classic Major League Baseball Logo (attached). I would like to see several variations on this theme where the person outlined in white is scratching their head while looking at a ball. I have included some photos demonstrating this but I'd like the logo to look like the Major League Baseball logo but with a different outline and perhaps some "modern" twists like beveled or faded edges etc. Maybe even different colors...
I am also very open to other designs:
Things we want:
1. "WhatsAball" is in the logo <--important
2. Something that is IRREVERENT but not Silly
3. We DON'T TAKE SPORTS SERIOUSLY
4. A classy look that pokes fun at the conventional sports establishment
5. Potentially, something that communicates that we are an EMAIL NEWSLETTER
6. Simple designs that communicate the name or the function of sports newsletter
Things we don't want:
1. No Silly Cartoons (we want to be irreverent but not cheap looking. This is geared towards professionals. So avoid things like this: http://www.crabshackmarina.com/imag…_Crab.gif)
2. No stock clip art
We will want to modify the size of the logo and will need the original photoshop/illustrator files so we can change it when we plug it into our Wordpress theme.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)