She was a charm to work with. Very responsive and great design skills. Loved working with her and will continue to work with her in the future.
How SO started their logo design journey
Logo design for artist’s business cards, website, and other artist materials. Logo will also be used as an artist’s stamp on the verso of photographs, etchings and other artistic media.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Many thanks in advance for taking the time to review mybrief and enter my contest.
I am searching for an identity, beginning with a single logothat will capture the essence of what I do as an artist. I’m not looking tobrand my name, but rather a studio concept which acknowledges thefact that art is inherently collaborative.
I’m an emulsion-based artist working in photography, film,and printmaking. I primarily work in 19th century photographictechniques, particularly wet-plate collodion, a Civil War eratechnique. My work is often referential to multiple eras and mediums includingstill life painting, historic photography, early movies, and the history ofmedicine to name a few. From a distance, my work looks historic, but as you getcloser you are confronted with contemporary imagery and ideas. I just recently finished a new set of imagescalled Unnatural Curiosities, a series of still life images composed of anamalgamation of everyday objects arranged into a new context—a context symbolicof our hidden desires, motivations, and anxieties.
The winning design will most likely reference the past(think 19th century business cards), but look toward the future. Itwill work in color and grayscale, look great on a business card and website,and be appropriate as a stand-in for my signature on the work I produce.
- Creative, expressive, professionally executed, but not marketing fodder
- Should work as a stand-alone identity
- Include Studio Obscura in logo, but logo should be coherent without the name
- A play on the letters S and O would be ideal, but not at the expense of the goal
- Looks good when resized
- Fond of these colors, but open to other possibilities: R153G153B153, R204G204B204, and R256G153B051
Should be in a layered format that will allow it to be resized without any loss of quality-Illustrator file
- Fonts/font names must be provided
- Cartoon quality
- Corporate look
- Unlicensed Art, must be an original, copyright-free idea
- Imagery with cameras, eyes, shutters, diaphragms, or other clichéd icons