AdBeat is a web application (software as a service) that provides competitive insight into the online advertising marketplace. We track performance of individual ads and advertisers, allowing customers to easily uncover their competitors advertising strategy: what ads are working best, what sites they are showing up on, and over what time period.
We monitor thousands of websites across the internet to create a database of advertisements that customers can access to better understand the market.
The AdBeat brand has double meaning:
1. "Beat" as in heartbeat. We provide trend charts that describe how ads are increasing or decreasing in exposure over time. This data is timely and can be described as the pulse of the ad or advertiser.
2. "Beat" as in beat your competitors. Our service is a competitive intelligence service, the data we provide helps customers create better advertising campaigns than their competitors.
Please view the attachment for screenshots of the application. The grid layout and charts will always be representative, but don't get hung up on the exact look and feel of the app. We will be redesigning the interface. Check http://www.compete.com for an idea of the redesign we will be shooting for.
The target customers for this product are advertising agencies that understand the importance of competitive intelligence data.
Our customers are web-savvy, comfortable using data, performance driven.
Key concepts to consider:
* timely data
* understanding competitors
* ad performance
MUST BE CLEAN looking
4 colors or less, preferably 2 colors max
Logo should be shown against a white background
The logo should include a representative icon (image) and accompanying text for AdBeat + a catch-phrase; the catch-phrase will be a short (3-5 word) summary of the business. (For now use "The Pulse of Online Advertising") The font for the catch-phrase should be complimentary to the main logo, but need not be identical.
Alternatively, if you can figure out a great way to incorporate a design into the characters of AdBeat, then that would be acceptable and maybe even preferable. For example, http://chartbeat.com/. However, do not submit anything that is structured like the chartbeat logo with the pulse off the end of the t. If you choose this option, I still need some simple symbol that can represent the logo at 32x32 and 16x16 size.
Consider the http://www.hitwise.com/us/ logo for inspiration and the concept of bringing together bits of data into structure. This could be a good design angle.
Vector-based graphics, that accommodate the following:
* website logo approx 200x50 - 200x80 (icon/image + AdBeat name & catch-phrase)
* very large icon 300x300 (icon/image only)
* large icon 150x150 (icon/image only)
* small icon 32x32 (icon/image only)
* tiny/favicon icon 16x16 (icon/image only)
DO NOT USE:
Cursive fonts, digital clock looking fonts, excessively angular fonts, serif fonts
Complex 3D designs
I'll provide feedback as the designs come in.
Thank you for participating!