Looking to complete the logo for a new, upscale restaurant franchise that is based on an African theme ... but carefully adapted for the US dining market. Typeface & font have already been selected (I am, however, open to brilliant new ideas & suggestions too) but now looking to supplement the combination mark type logo with a compelling but simple & uncomplicated icon that conveys a literal or abstract representation of the concept’s origin and name.
Logo will be used on everything ... signage, menus, cups, packaging and apparel (embroidery).
To see typeface & font visit http://www.shamwaris.com
These files can be accessed at:
(click on link provided above and then hit the green button on each file to begin download. Then hit the blue 'Download Now' button to complete)
Much MORE work to winning designer!
SHAMWARIS pronounced \ shum-wah-rees \
Shamwaris means “my friends” in Shona, a native language of Southern Africa.
If at all possible, I would ideally (but cleverly &subtly) like to incorporate the ‘friends’ element into the icon via the use ofpeople. This, however, should not detract from the fact that this is also afood concept.
Typeface font style is called 'Umkhonto Extra Wide' and is in a bright red with a slight black shadow.
Tag line is "African Inspired ... Global Taste!”. Thisis written in the 'African' font style and is in black (option with and without tag lineplease).
Our all-day fast-casual style restaurant concept will appealto progressive, aspirational 18-35 year olds in larger metropolitan markets.The concept’s personality is unique & sophisticated, but also laid back& fun. Decor & artwork is traditional African. The menu is simple,fresh & healthy.
The following websites give you a broad idea of some logosthat I like in context to their product/business:
- Simple & appealing
- Icon on left or above typeface, approx. same proportioningas typeface
- Please note my final Pantone color selections - Black, Red (485C), Green (356C), Yellow/Gold (124C)
- Icon must be distinct & recognizable enough to be usedin isolation of typeface
- Unless you have an inspiring idea on the typeface, prefer tokeep 'shamwaris' per my original - in bright red font with a slight blackshadow
- Vector files (.eps, .ai, .psd) with B&W option please
- NO copying any other competitions or existing logos
- NO South African flag or combination of it's colors please
- NO shapes or outlines of Africa please