WebSpy SoHo – Home & Small Network Dashboard
WebSpy is a leading software developer of monitoring, analysis and reporting software for Internet, Email and Network usage. We currently have two main product ranges (WebSpy Analyzer and WebSpy Vantage) targeted at businesses, schools and governments. More on http://www.webspy.com
In a near future we will add another product to our WebSpy portfolio. The product’s name is “SoHo" and it shows user the current and total Internet and network activity on a PC or a network. This is the first time WebSpy develops a product targeted at home users and small offices and we really need the logo to be differentiated from our other product logos.
WHY USE SOHO
When the Internet connection is slow, people want to know why. They’re not necessarily technical, but want to know what each PC on the network is up to. Is their network being over used? What is causing the excessive usage? They also want to watch their usage so they know when they are approaching their Internet Service Provider’s Quota limit.
SoHo will provide a cost effective and easy way for home users and small business to find out which computers are using most if the Internet bandwidth, how much of their Internet quota has been used and by which PC, and it will also provide alerts when unknown machines are detected on their network.
SoHo will be targeted towards home users and small offices running a network, with 1-15 people, that would like to monitor the Internet usage of each PC on that network.
Thus, the users of our software can be individuals, households, families, people working from home, and smaller offices wanting to monitor their personal PCs and/or shared home or office network.
We expect the our target audience will have different levels of technical expertise.To cater for different technical level the software will be very straightforward and easy to use. The software itself is still in development and the final design will have a darker dashboard with colorful charts and alerts including:
• Chart for download/upload activity & history of each machine in the network
• Chart for amount of ISP quota used/ remaining
• Alerts when the network is starting to overload
• Alerts when certain levels of quota have been reached
• Alerts when a new machine is using the network
We need a professional and innovative logo design of the word SoHo, combined with appropriate graphic. The design must be able to work on its own and in combination with the tag line “Home and Small Network Dashboard”. Although we don’t want them to look alike, it is important to keep our current WebSpy logo in mind. The SoHo logo will many times be displayed near the WebSpy logo on website and other marketing material.
To sum up the logo should:
• Have a professional and innovative design of the word SoHo combined with appropriate graphic (feel free to experiment with upper, lowercase and colors)
• Work on its own and combined with the tag line “Home & Small Network Dashboard”
• Work well on both dark and light backgrounds. Please submit both.
• Be set apart from the more subtle design of our other software targeted towards businesses.
• Appeal to the target market
• Have a clean and sharp design
• Be inspired by Web.02 and easy to use dashboard applications such as those found in iPhones
• Clever graphics symbolizing networks, network traffic, uploads/downloads, charts and similar are recommended
We DON’T want:
• Any graphics that includes spies, fingerprints, magnifying glasses, eyes, spider webs or cartoons
• Complicated designs
.eps or other vector format (CMYK) and other original formats, .jpg, .tiff or layerd .psd
We will provide quick and constant feedback so don’t hesitate upload your initial designs asap. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org