Kim was great to work with--efficient, responsive to my needs, and really flexible. I had over 220 designs submitted, and hers always stood out. She has a really good eye for design and a professional touch. I highly recommend her.
How Michael Gethen started their logo design journey
I am a corporate advisor and management consultant who requires a new logo and visual identity for my business. I work with clients in the digital media, publishing, marketing & communications services and technology sectors, in Australia and Asia. More detail here: http://www.gethen.com.au and here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgethen
I need a new logo and corporate identity created, then draft designs for website and business cards.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
First task is for a logo and visual identity, then once finalised, draft designs for website and business cards.
As an established advisor with regular referrals from existing clients, I don't spend much on marketing and advertising, so the website and business cards are my primary marketing "touch points" with new clients. They need to convey my values, particularly my experience and professionalism.
I have two types of clients: The first are the senior management in large companies and organisations in the media, publishing, marketing & comunications services and technology sectors. I work with these clients on business strategy for the web and mergers & acquisitions deals. The other type of clients are early stage or start-up businesses, where I work with entrepreneurs on how to grow their business and make them valuable. I also work with investment bankers to raise capital for businesses.
- My design ethic leans strongly towards classic and minimalist design with a contemporary (but not fad-ish) interpretation
- Favourite fonts are Gills Sans and Garamond, although their use is not compulsory
- Key words for tone and feel of design would be: professional, intelligent, beautiful, refined, approachable, insightful, techno-literate, dependable
- Looking for a logo that combines great typography with a simple graphic device that creates a professional looking core element for an enduring corporate id
- No rainbows
- Prefer muted colours to bright ones
- Nothing that is too much like 'today's design fad', must be a design that will be classic and durable
- No script or cursive fonts